Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps and a Question

Hey everyone!  I hope you are having a great week.  I can't believe how fast this week has gone!

Remember how I told you here that I have been cutting back on the carbs...like WAY back. My dear friends Kim and Chelsie (follow her at To Second Grade, With Love) taught me this low carb recipe about four months ago. I have made it probably once a week since!  My husband has a general dislike for lettuce and salads but he will devour this every time. And this recipe seriously takes only 20 minutes to make.  Gotta love that!

You are only seeing a half recipe in the above picture. It's just the two of us so we don't eat much...or we shouldn't that is!

Heat olive oil and cook ground turkey with onions. I like to use dehydrated onions...mostly to be sneaky because I love onion flavor but my other half hates biting into onions. If you love fresh onion, by all means, use it!
 Make sure you keep chopping up the turkey as you cook it.


Sprinkle in taco seasoning and water.

Watch out for that steam!  Sometimes the taco seasoning just isn't enough flavor for me so I also like to add some oregano, garlic powder, and a touch a cumin. But go easy on the extra seasoning you just need a little bit to make the flavors pop.
 Let that simmer for five minutes and then your almost ready to eat! So easy, right?

Get your recipe here!
 I like to have lots of toppings on mine.  I have one warning for you...this meal is a messy one! Sometimes those lettuce leaves don't cooperate but if that's the case then get a fork and your taco becomes a salad but don't tell my husband :)

I have a question for you...how do you have your students "draw" a place value model?  I'll show you what I used to have mine do.

 This is a sample from my comparing two digit numbers power point that I have been working on.  Right now I am trying to access clip art of base ten blocks that I am allowed to use in a power point. 

You can see that I used to have my students just draw sticks to represent the tens and dots to represent the ones.  It took alot less time than them drawing a rod or trying to draw a cube. So back to my question... 

How do you have your students "draw" a place value model?

Thanks for reading! Apple on!





No comments :